CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
Three Holmes Beach businesses will host a joint public art show as part of the 8th Annual artsHOP festivities November 7-9 on
Anna Maria Island with sales proceeds to benefit WEDU's ArtsPlus programming.
The Anna Maria Island Art League, the Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island and SteamDesigns LLC, in Holmes Beach are thrilled about
the collaboration for the show which promotes arts and culture, showcases local artists, and raises funding for arts education and
The show theme is "Sand, Shells & Sea" on a two-dimensional media of choice.
Artwork will be on display in Holmes Beach from November 3-29 at the three galleries-Anna Maria Island Art League at 5312 Holmes
Boulevard and the Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island Gallery at 5414 Marina Drive, and SteamDesigns at 5343 Gulf Drive, Suite 600.
- Submissions are limited in size to 11"x17"-if
framed no larger than 19"x25".
- Artwork should be submitted at SteamDesigns located at 5343 Gulf Drive, Suite 600, Holmes Beach,
Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, now through October 31.
- The show will be juried by People's Choice, as selected by visitors
to the exhibit, and winners will earn First, Second or Third Place Prize Ribbons.
Proceeds from artwork sold will be split 50/50 between the artists and the 2014 designated public art charity, WEDU ArtsPLUS.
In lieu of an entry fee, each artist is asked to donate a portion of their proceeds to a charity of their choosing.
The artsHOP fine art show coordinators said, "It's a win-win for everyone-the artists, the island, and the charities."
WEDU ARTS PLUS
WEDU ARTS PLUS, a weekly arts and culture program produced by WEDU PBS was chosen at the 2014 public art charity because of
its devotion to the arts and culture education and programming in West Central Florida.
Since the weekly WEDU Arts Plus program debuted on February 28, 2013, it has broadcast the West Central Florida arts and cultural
story to more than 5,000,000 people, according to their website.
The three businesses are members of Cultural Connections of Anna Maria Island.
Cultural Connections of Anna Maria Island [established 2008] promotes supports and acts as advocate for art and culture on the Island,
providing guidance and counsel to cultural related businesses and organizations. Cultural Connections' annual November event artsHOP
celebrates the island arts and culture.
artsHOP, November 7-9, 2014
- artsHOP festivities will be celebrated all over Anna Maria Island November 7-9. Friday night features an ARTWALK from 5-8 PM around
Anna Maria, and Holmes Beach with more than 22 art galleries and retail locations participating, including Island Gallery West, The Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island Gallery, Anna Maria Island Art League, Creations by L, SteamDesigns,
Libby's Jewelry and Giving Back...to name just a few!
- There will also be two-day Arts and Crafts Festival on the 8th and 9th benefitting the Holmes Beach Butterfly Garden.
- The Island Players of Anna Maria will present a special presentation of "Murderers" on Friday evening at 8pm and Sunday afternoon at 2pm.
- The Anna Maria Island Concert Chorus & Orchestra will present a concert, "Symphony on the Sand," on Saturday.
- The Bridge Street Merchants will host Bridge Street Art Walk in conjunction with their regular weekly Market with live music on
Sunday 10 am - 3pm.
For additional information or questions on the artsHOP art show, please contact: Melissa Williams at SteamDesigns 941-447-3149 or
Wendell Graham at the Artist Guild of Anna Maria Island at 941-201-5145 or email@example.com.