Anna Maria Islandís 8th Annual artsHOP
November 7-9, 2014
The Arts were celebrated with the 8th Annual artsHOP year with exhibits and adventures all over Anna Maria Island. We want to thank our
sponsors and participants for another successful event.
The ARTWALK on Friday evening was exciting and drew people from many areas of the Suncoast, as well as vacationers. All went to as many venues as time
allowed, getting their passports marked for the grand drawing.
The winner of the Keeton's Office and Art Supply basket was
won by Diane Ford, shown here accepting her prize from Joan Voyles, artsHOP chairman.
The special artsHOP presentations by the Island Players were sold out both Friday evening and Sunday afternoon.
Symphony on the Sand was also a grand success and was a night to remember as patrons sat at their tables under umbrellas. Ironically the first two songs
by AMICCO were 'Over the Rainbow' and 'Singing in the Rain'. The concert was truly amazing and showcased the talent we have in our area.
The whole evening created a memory that folks will talk about for years!
The Bridge Street ARTWALK on Sunday was new for this year and was a great success. We certainly look forward to more of the same for artsHOP 2015!
artsHOP 2014 Events:
- ARTWALK Friday night 5-8 PM around Anna Maria and Holmes Beach with more than 22 art galleries
and retail locations participating. Many ArtWalk locations will offer refreshments, "chance" baskets, art demonstrations, live music and a chance to meet the artists.
Make sure to get your artsHOP Passport to win one of the grand prizes... for more information
- The Island Players of Anna Maria will present a special play on Friday evening and Sunday afternoon... for more information
- Butterfly Garden -A two-day outdoor Arts and Crafts Show to benefit the Anna Maria Island Butterfly Park is being held at the
Holmes Beach City Hall Field, 5801 Marina Drive on Saturday, November 8 from 10 am Ė 5 pm and Sunday, November 9 from 10 am Ė 4 pm.
You will find jewelry, glass, photography, art, clothes, food and much more plus live music by area favorite Patchouli on Saturday.
Patchouli has just arrived back to Florida and will have all their CDís for sale which make great holiday gifts.
Bring a lawn chair and come and enjoy their performance. The show is part of the artsHOP weekend.
Free admission and free parking. Contact Terri 352-344-0657 or Nancy 941-518-4431 or tnteventsinc.com for more information
- The Anna Maria Island Concert Chorus & Orchestra will present a concert, Symphony on the Sand, on
Saturday... for more information
- SandBlast. Symphony on the Sand presents a sand sculpture contest for artsHOP. Free clinics are held at sunset on Thursday and
Friday, Nov 6 and 7 with the competition on Saturday, November 8 at Coquina Beach Park... for more information
- The Island Players of Anna Maria will present a special play on Sunday afternoon... for more information
- The Bradenton Beach Bridge Street Merchants will host an upbeat, unique Bridge Street ArtWalk Sunday
November 9th 11am-3pm including an outdoor market with live music and merchants on the street. Get your Bridge Street
Passport for a chance at the grand prize.
Our Anna Maria Island community proudly supports over 12 art galleries and studios, a nationally
recognized historical society, a renowned orchestra and chorus, The Island Players theater, and a published writers' group.
Cultural Connections of Anna Maria Island was established in 2008 for the purpose of promoting and
supporting our island culture. "Cultural Connections' mission is to promote Anna Maria Island as a cultural destination."